'Yotes Notes: Coyotes suffer fourth straight road shutout in loss to Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-0 loss to the Kings on March 18.
The Coyotes certainly had their chances, but weren't able to cash in. Again.
The Coyotes had seven penalties, and surrendered two power play goals in a sloppy loss. They also struggled defensively and saw their power play woes continue against LA. Phoenix went 0-for-4 with a man advantage.
The 'Yotes were handed their fourth consecutive road loss by the Kings. Phoenix's last road win came on February 26 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Phoenix also lost its third straight game and hasn't recorded a goal over that span.
Kings netminder Jonathan Quick notched his first shutout of the season, and 25th of his career, against the Coyotes. Quick made 27 saves for Los Angeles.
This was the first time in the Coyotes/Jets 33-year franchise history that the team has been shut out three straight games.
The Coyotes pulled goaltender Mike Smith after he allowed the fourth and final goal of the game. Backup Jason LaBarbera took over in net for Phoenix.
Kings' Tyler Toffoli scored his first career NHL goal -- and added an assist.
The Coyotes will face the Kings in the second game of a road back-to-back on Tuesday, March 19. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Coyotes 5-2
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes sign forward Gilbert Brule to 1-year deal
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.