'Yotes Notes: Coyotes suffer fourth straight road shutout in loss to Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-0 loss to the Kings on March 18.
The Coyotes certainly had their chances, but weren't able to cash in. Again.
The Coyotes had seven penalties, and surrendered two power play goals in a sloppy loss. They also struggled defensively and saw their power play woes continue against LA. Phoenix went 0-for-4 with a man advantage.
The 'Yotes were handed their fourth consecutive road loss by the Kings. Phoenix's last road win came on February 26 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Phoenix also lost its third straight game and hasn't recorded a goal over that span.
Kings netminder Jonathan Quick notched his first shutout of the season, and 25th of his career, against the Coyotes. Quick made 27 saves for Los Angeles.
This was the first time in the Coyotes/Jets 33-year franchise history that the team has been shut out three straight games.
The Coyotes pulled goaltender Mike Smith after he allowed the fourth and final goal of the game. Backup Jason LaBarbera took over in net for Phoenix.
Kings' Tyler Toffoli scored his first career NHL goal -- and added an assist.
The Coyotes will face the Kings in the second game of a road back-to-back on Tuesday, March 19. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?