'Yotes Notes: Coyotes suffer fourth straight road shutout in loss to Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-0 loss to the Kings on March 18.
The Coyotes certainly had their chances, but weren't able to cash in. Again.
The Coyotes had seven penalties, and surrendered two power play goals in a sloppy loss. They also struggled defensively and saw their power play woes continue against LA. Phoenix went 0-for-4 with a man advantage.
The 'Yotes were handed their fourth consecutive road loss by the Kings. Phoenix's last road win came on February 26 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Phoenix also lost its third straight game and hasn't recorded a goal over that span.
Kings netminder Jonathan Quick notched his first shutout of the season, and 25th of his career, against the Coyotes. Quick made 27 saves for Los Angeles.
This was the first time in the Coyotes/Jets 33-year franchise history that the team has been shut out three straight games.
The Coyotes pulled goaltender Mike Smith after he allowed the fourth and final goal of the game. Backup Jason LaBarbera took over in net for Phoenix.
Kings' Tyler Toffoli scored his first career NHL goal -- and added an assist.
The Coyotes will face the Kings in the second game of a road back-to-back on Tuesday, March 19. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.