Forbes: Expect Coyotes to move to Seattle
One such place, according to Forbes writer Mike Ozanian, is Seattle.
In a piece written Thursday, Ozanian speculates that Seattle -- which appears set to take the NBA's Sacramento Kings -- would be a great fit for Phoenix's hockey team.
Look for the team to move to Seattle if the sale of the Sacramento Kings to hedge fund manager Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is finalized. The NBA team's prospective new owners want to move the Kings to Seattle where they plan on opening a new arena in two years. Two teams in one building is better economics.
Two teams in one building might be better economics, unless the arena is built for basketball and leaves a couple sections of fans unable to see one of the goals.
At any rate, the point is the Coyotes have been in limbo for the better part of the last few years, and an end to their ownership saga may be in sight.
Unfortunately, it may not be the one Valley fans were hoping for.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i