Coyotes' captain Shane Doan optimistic sale of team will happen
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan is an admitted eternal optimist.
He believed wholeheartedly, even in the darkest hours of the NHL labor talks, that there would be a hockey season.
"I did believe we were going to play again and yet that argument was getting harder and harder to make as it went further along," Doan told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Monday.
But Doan stayed the course and stuck to his beliefs about the season resuming. Now that a labor agreement has been struck, talk has turned once again to the sale of the Coyotes.
Not surprisingly, Doan prefers to see the sunny side of things on this issue, as well. He doesn't have any lingering doubts or reservations that the apparent imminent sale of the team will go through.
Glendale officials approved a 20-year lease agreement to keep the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena and former CEO and president of the San Jose Sharks Greg Jamison and his group of investors are close to announcing the purchase of the team.
"I am truly optimistic about this," Doan stated. "It's not a blind faith. I think that there's an element of things in the fact that I believe Mr. Jamison is a good man and has been around town in the last two or three weeks and I don't believe that he would be around and doing stuff if there was a chance that this wasn't going to get done and so I am going to remain optimistic in that."
Doan has nothing but positive words for Jamison and feels he's an ideal leader for the new era of Coyotes hockey in the desert.
"I have a huge amount of respect for him and the type of man he is and I think that might be more of what I am basing it off but at the same time the fact that he's around and involved is something I think says a lot," Doan said.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i