Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 2:19 pm
NHL cancels games through January 14
The league announced Thursday it has canceled all games through January 14.
A total of 625 games -- or 50.8 percent of the season -- have now been lost to the work stoppage.
Locally, the Phoenix Coyotes have lost five more home games, including dates with the Philadelphia Flyers, Nashville Predators, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
In all the Coyotes have lost 22 home games.
- Coyotes fall to Maple Leafs in shootout
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- 2013-14 playoff berth for Coyotes ‘incredibly important' to franchise turnaround
- 'Yotes Notes: Rough 3rd period buries Phoenix Coyotes in Montreal
- Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan opens up about illness, timetable for return unknown
- Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO - Wednesday December 18Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO talks about the teams season so far.
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.