Updated Oct 26, 2012 - 12:46 pm
NHL announces cancellation of games through November 30
The NHL lockout has led to the cancellation of regular season games through November 30.
The league made the announcement Friday, meaning more than a quarter of the games have been lost in the labor dispute.
The Phoenix Coyotes, who had already seen eight games canceled, saw another 12 bite the dust with Friday's announcement.
11/2 @ Ottawa
11/6 @ Montreal
11/8 @ Dallas
11/10 vs Buffalo
11/13 vs San Jose
11/15 vs Carolina
11/19 vs Anaheim
11/21 vs Edmonton
11/23 vs Colorado
11/24 @ Colorado
11/27 @ Detroit
11/30 @ New Jersey
That brings the total to 20, with an even split of 10 home games and 10 away games.
In total, 326 regular-season games have been canceled.
According to the league, the cancellation of games was necessary because of the absence of a collective bargaining agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.