Updated Apr 27, 2012 - 10:52 am
Eyes on the Predators
Most expect it to be a hotly-contested series, as the teams play similar styles and are both playing well of late.
At least, that's what we think here in the Valley. But what are they saying in good old Nashville, Tennessee?
Read on to find out.
April 27, 2012
The Predators and Coyotes will go head-to-head for the first time in the postseason as they open their Western Conference Semifinals series on Friday at Jobing.com Arena.
Neither the Predators nor the Coyotes play in a traditional hockey market.
If there is one secret ingredient for a team in a nontraditional market to succeed and thrive, the Predators and Coyotes both have it.
History will be made in the next round. Not to imitate the NHL's old television commercial, but a team that has never made the Western Conference Final will advance out of the Nashville-Phoenix series.
When Pekka Rinne is on, there is no wasted motion. He seems undisturbed, virtually stationary, until the moment of truth.
I find it nearly impossible to hate the Coyotes. They're a good team that's been through a tough few years off the ice. Amid bad ownership and a bad bad bad arena idea, they've survived by playing good hockey.
After what has seemed like an interminable wait, we're finally ready to drop the puck on the Western Conference Semifinals, as the Nashville Predators tangle with the Phoenix Coyotes tonight in Game One (8:00 p.m. Central, NBC Sports).
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.