The Pulse: More deals expected from Arizona Diamondbacks
The Arizona Diamondbacks, at 40-56 and 13.5 games back of the L.A. Dodgers in the NL West, figure to be in the first group.
So, with the All-Star break coming to an end, it would figure that the trade activity would pick up. Are the D-backs set to make some moves?
We asked you, our readers, that very question, and it appears you expect the D-backs to pull off a handful of deals.
That happening would come as a surprise to ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian, who Wednesday told Burns and Gambo the D-backs lacked 'truly marketable' trade pieces.
However, that's not to say Arizona doesn't have anyone who could help another team, so really the D-backs have to decide whether the return would be worth what they would be giving up.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.