Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 3:39 pm
Paul Goldschmidt: By the Numbers
Goldschmidt, the team's lone All-Star, is making his second consecutive appearance in the game.
Goldschmidt is currently on pace to match his production from 2013 when he was the NL MVP runner-up.
Here's a look at Goldschmidt's season thus far, by the numbers.
Goldschmidt's batting average ranks seventh in the NL. He has improved his average in each of the past three seasons.
This is what Goldschmidt's OPS (on base percentage plus slugging) amounts to, fourth in the NL. Additionally, he is fifth in the NL on base percentage (.398) and third in slugging (.554).
Pitchers around the league fear Goldschmidt. After leading the NL in intentional walks (19) last season, Goldschmidt's seven in 2014 is tied for second in the NL.
With 16 home runs, 32 doubles, and one triple, Goldschmidt has 49 extra base hits. He is tied for first in MLB and has six more than the next closest competitor in the NL.
Even though his teammates have struggled to get on base in 2014, Goldschmidt still has a respectable 58 RBI (third in the NL) batting third. The D-backs as a team are 23rd in on-base percentage (.307).
On a team that ranks 20th in MLB in runs per game (3.97), Goldschmidt finds a way to cross the plate. He has scored the second most runs in MLB (64).
Goldschmidt doesn't just swing the bat well. He's also a good fielder. The 2013 Gold Glover leads the majors in putouts (766) and is fourth among NL first basemen in range factor (9.46).
Goldschmidt leads the majors in doubles (32), which puts him on pace for 58 on the season. Fifty-eight doubles would be the second most in MLB since 1936.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.