Updated Jun 18, 2014 - 8:29 am
Milwaukee Brewers comment on Arizona Diamondbacks hitting Ryan Braun with a pitch
After the game the two sides had plenty to say. The D-backs defended their actions (or excused them, depending on your perspective), while the Brewers appeared to either not care or just plain mock their opponents.
Here's a sampling of quotes from after the game:
Lucroy on what he thought when Braun got plunked: "That it's ridiculous, and it's overreacting."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lucroy: "I'm not about revenge or payback. I'm about winning the game."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Ryan Braun: "We responded in the best way we could possibly respond. ... We won the game, which is kind of what our focus is."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Kyle Lohse: "You know what? [The D-backs] won tough-guy points today. But I don't know where the stats are for those."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lohse: "You're going to play tough-guy stuff? Go ahead. We're winning games."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Brewers Braun asked about #Dbacks Gibson's past comments, whether HBP a response to '11, "I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) June 18, 2014
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.