Diamondbacks prospect Archie Bradley throwing again after elbow injury
When he reported soreness in his elbow, the Arizona Diamondbacks organization feared it could be serious, but it was found to be just swelling, and general manager Kevin Towers reported everything was structurally intact in Bradley's arm.
Although placed on the DL for seven days, Bradley was to stay idle for two weeks, according to Towers, and the organization hoped the right-hander could get back to pitching in games within a month.
Monday On Twitter, the 21-year-old starter himself reported that he has taken his first important step toward a clean bill of health.
Played catch today and felt no pain at all! Was really good to start throwing again!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 19, 2014
Judging by that announcement, he's just about a week behind the schedule that Towers laid out. Nonetheless, he could be back to competing in games within two weeks, if all goes well.
Bradley had a 1-4 record with 23 strikeouts in five starts with a 5.18 ERA before being sidelined.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.