Diamondbacks prospect Archie Bradley throwing again after elbow injury
When he reported soreness in his elbow, the Arizona Diamondbacks organization feared it could be serious, but it was found to be just swelling, and general manager Kevin Towers reported everything was structurally intact in Bradley's arm.
Although placed on the DL for seven days, Bradley was to stay idle for two weeks, according to Towers, and the organization hoped the right-hander could get back to pitching in games within a month.
Monday On Twitter, the 21-year-old starter himself reported that he has taken his first important step toward a clean bill of health.
Played catch today and felt no pain at all! Was really good to start throwing again!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 19, 2014
Judging by that announcement, he's just about a week behind the schedule that Towers laid out. Nonetheless, he could be back to competing in games within two weeks, if all goes well.
Bradley had a 1-4 record with 23 strikeouts in five starts with a 5.18 ERA before being sidelined.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.