Updated May 13, 2014 - 8:19 am
Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner throws out first pitch at Arizona Diamondbacks game
There, the Phoenix Mercury center threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Chase Field crowd of 16,225.
The Mercury begin their season Saturday, May 17 at US Airways Center against the Seattle Storm. They lost each of their first two preseason games in Orlando, Fla. against the Minnesota Lynx and Indiana Fever, respectively.
Griner is entering her second season with the Mercury in 2014, after becoming WNBA All-Star last season.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.