Updated Apr 3, 2014 - 1:10 pm
Bee delay pauses Arizona Diamondbacks game against San Francisco Giants
Following Angel Pagan's fly out to A.J. Pollock in right-center, D-backs skipper Kirk Gibson approached the umpires about a swarm that had congregated near the "Fry's" ad in centerfield.
Though Pollock made the play, it was clear the bees were a distraction.
Play was stopped for a few minutes, as starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo meandered around the pitcher's mound. During the hitch, the Diamondbacks game operations' staff opted to play songs "Let it Be" and "Don't Worry, Be Happy" over the PA system while the situation was being sorted out.
Play resumed shortly thereafter.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.