Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
Diamondbacks players Didi Gregorius, Cody Ross, A.J. Pollock and Brad Ziegler participated in the exhibition and gave the kids new uniforms as part of the D-backs Give Back Jersey Program.
The team's mascot, Baxter, even got in on the action, as D-backs players gave the little sluggers some tips and showed them how it's done.
"I remember when I was (their) age playing ball, and guys came out and helped me," Gregorious said. "For me being here with them was just amazing.
"Maybe they can be the future D-backs. You never know."
John Terry, president of the Ahwatukee Little League, said the Diamondbacks providing jerseys to young teams frees up the league's budget significantly.
"We were able to actually lower our fees and offer a significant discount to our families this year because of that," Terry said. "In addition, we were able to make some significant improvements to our primary field that we play on in Ahwatukee. So we have the Diamondbacks to thank for that."
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?