Report: Arizona Diamondbacks leaders in Bronson Arroyo race
However, as spring training nears, the players' demands and/or the team's needs may change, so it's possible something will happen in the near future.
And according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, that something could be the signing of veteran Bronson Arroyo.
Arroyo pitched for the Cincinnati Reds in 2013, posting a 14-12 record to go along with a 3.79 ERA in 202 innings of work.
A veteran of 13 MLB seasons, the 36-year-old has also pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Boston Red Sox, compiling a career 138-127 record with a 4.19 ERA.
Arroyo has been to one All-Star Game -- in 2006 -- and is generally considered to be a solid pitcher who will eat up valuable innings over the course of a season. Since becoming a full-time starter in 2004, he has only failed to reach the 200-inning mark just twice.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.