Report: Arizona Diamondbacks leaders in Bronson Arroyo race
However, as spring training nears, the players' demands and/or the team's needs may change, so it's possible something will happen in the near future.
And according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, that something could be the signing of veteran Bronson Arroyo.
Arroyo pitched for the Cincinnati Reds in 2013, posting a 14-12 record to go along with a 3.79 ERA in 202 innings of work.
A veteran of 13 MLB seasons, the 36-year-old has also pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Boston Red Sox, compiling a career 138-127 record with a 4.19 ERA.
Arroyo has been to one All-Star Game -- in 2006 -- and is generally considered to be a solid pitcher who will eat up valuable innings over the course of a season. Since becoming a full-time starter in 2004, he has only failed to reach the 200-inning mark just twice.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?