Report: Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs to talk about a Jeff Samardzija trade
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the team is expected to resume trade talks with the Chicago Cubs about right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
A 28-year-old, Samardzija went 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season. He struck out 214 batters in 213.2 innings pitched.
For his career, the former Notre Dame wide receiver is 29-35 with a 4.19 ERA. The Cubs may be looking to trade him because the sides are unable to agree on a contract extension.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.