Report: Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs to talk about a Jeff Samardzija trade
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the team is expected to resume trade talks with the Chicago Cubs about right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
A 28-year-old, Samardzija went 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season. He struck out 214 batters in 213.2 innings pitched.
For his career, the former Notre Dame wide receiver is 29-35 with a 4.19 ERA. The Cubs may be looking to trade him because the sides are unable to agree on a contract extension.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.