Report: Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs to talk about a Jeff Samardzija trade
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the team is expected to resume trade talks with the Chicago Cubs about right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
A 28-year-old, Samardzija went 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season. He struck out 214 batters in 213.2 innings pitched.
For his career, the former Notre Dame wide receiver is 29-35 with a 4.19 ERA. The Cubs may be looking to trade him because the sides are unable to agree on a contract extension.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.