Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 10:52 am
Diamondbacks GM: No other team would have celebrated like Dodgers did
The Dodgers split the four-game series with the D-backs, with Thursday's 7-6 victory clinching the NL West.
A new report has surfaced that says a few of the boys in blue may have done more than swim, but the entire scene was one Towers did not enjoy watching.
"I don't think any of us had any problem with them celebrating on the field, which they should have, they won the division, that was their right," the GM said. "But I think we all feel they took it a little far, jumped in the pool.
"Take your business inside after that."
Towers said teams can and should celebrate however they'd like when in their own ballpark, but the Dodgers were on the road and taking the party to the pool was out of line. And, he said, something no other team would have done.
"We kind of talked internally, I don't think there's anybody else in the NL West, the Giants, the Rockies, the Padres that would have done what they did," he said. "The New York Yankees, do you see them jumping in our pool after beating the Diamondbacks? No. To me it didn't show a lot of class. I don't think it's right and I think they're the only club that would have done something like that and it's something we won't forget.
"If that's how they want to be perceived as an organization, great."
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.