Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 10:27 am
ESPN Insider: Arizona Diamondbacks' odds of moving Ian Kennedy are slim
But what are the odds a deal for the former actually gets done?
Not high, in the eyes of ESPN analyst Jim Bowden.
In his Insider piece Tuesday, Bowden said the 29-year-old had a 30 percent of changing teams. Still, the former MLB executive offered up a potential landing spot for Kennedy (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA) should he be on the move.
The Diamondbacks have soured on Kennedy, and with a thin starting-pitching market they have made him available. They feel comfortable that top prospect Archie Bradley can give them the same type of production in the near future. Kennedy is pitching like a fifth starter but would still be an upgrade for a team like the Nationals.
Kennedy, who is slated to start for the D-backs in Tampa Tuesday night, has lost three of his last four starts and last recorded a victory on June 1.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.