Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 10:27 am
ESPN Insider: Arizona Diamondbacks' odds of moving Ian Kennedy are slim
But what are the odds a deal for the former actually gets done?
Not high, in the eyes of ESPN analyst Jim Bowden.
In his Insider piece Tuesday, Bowden said the 29-year-old had a 30 percent of changing teams. Still, the former MLB executive offered up a potential landing spot for Kennedy (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA) should he be on the move.
The Diamondbacks have soured on Kennedy, and with a thin starting-pitching market they have made him available. They feel comfortable that top prospect Archie Bradley can give them the same type of production in the near future. Kennedy is pitching like a fifth starter but would still be an upgrade for a team like the Nationals.
Kennedy, who is slated to start for the D-backs in Tampa Tuesday night, has lost three of his last four starts and last recorded a victory on June 1.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.