Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 11:55 am
Diamondbacks recall Chaz Roe, option Tyler Skaggs
On Saturday, the team used six relievers in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres and manager Kirk Gibson announced after the game that his team would be calling up a pitcher to aid the relief staff.
Skaggs started Saturday's game, lasting just 3.2 innings while walking five and hitting one, ultimately allowing seven earned runs on three hits.
In three games, 3.2 innings pitched, for the Diamondbacks earlier this season, Roe allowed two earned runs, walking six, striking out two, and surrendering four hits. Roe's major league debut came at the beginning of his three-game stint with the team earlier this season. He has a 1-0 record with a blown save on the year.
"We had him up here when we played the Mets and had all of those extra-inning games and rain delays," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday. "He sucked it up big time. We were dragging, he was dragging and he did a good job. He was also throwing the ball well in Triple-A."
The 26-year-old right-hander has recorded a 1.69 ERA in 16 innings pitched for Triple-A Reno this season, walking two while striking out 17 while tallying six saves. He began the year with Double-A Mobile, where he pitched just 2.1 innings before being promoted.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.