Reno's Matt Davidson wins Minor League Home Run Derby
Sunday, Davidson clubbed a two-run homer helping the U.S. Team to a 4-2 win over the World Team at the MLB All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Monday night, Davidson showed off his power again, winning the IGT Home Run Derby at Aces Ballpark in Reno, Nevada over St. Louis prospect Brock Peterson.
Davidson hit four homers in the first round and two more in the second to advance to the final against Peterson, where he hit four more.
For the season, Davidson has 14 home runs in 344 at-bats -- second on Reno's roster and tied for ninth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
The 22-year-old will participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game Tuesday night in Reno.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.