Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:27 pm
Diamondbacks to wear black jerseys for remainder of homestand, per players' request
According to the announcement, the decision came in response to the request of the players.
Typically, the Diamondbacks' black jerseys are worn as a weekend alternate uniform but the kit for the current homestand has been tweaked, with "Arizona" replacing "D-backs" on the front of the jersey as a tribute to victims of the Yarnell fire.
A white No. 19 patch has also been placed on the jersey's left breast, in honor of the 19 men whose lives were lost while fighting the wildfire near Prescott. After the homestand, for the second half of the season, the Diamondbacks will continue to don the No. 19 patch, but it will be moved to the left sleeve of their uniforms.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?