Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 2:32 pm
A look at the Diamondbacks and Dodgers since June 11 brawl
But for the four weeks since the now infamous Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, many perceived major momentum changes for both teams -- a negative one for those donning Sedona red and a positive one for the boys in blue.
In fact, until the Diamondbacks turned things around over the last five games, their post-brawl record sat at 6-12. Meanwhile, the Dodgers broke used the melee to break out of their early season funk, clambering from the bottom of the division to second place in the National League West with the help of a 14-9 record since the episode and 12-4 in their last 16 games.
"(The brawl) had a reverse effect for both us and the Dodgers," former Diamondbacks great Luis Gonzalez said last week on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "I mean, the Dodgers were going the other way, but they had the fight and now they've regrouped and they seem to be playing well.
"And for us, we've kind of sputtered a little."
It's likely that, more than the fight itself, both teams have most benefited from the return of key players. With the already-emerging Yasiel Puig fueling their lineup, the Dodgers have returned Hanley Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford to their everyday lineup since the brawl. They also acquired former Marlins' right-hander Ricky Nolasco, who will make his first start for the Dodgers on Tuesday.
The Diamondbacks, meanwhile, have regained Aaron Hill and Eric Chavez while benefitting from quality starting pitching from both Randall Delgado and Tyler Skaggs, who weren't on the 25-man roster back on June 11.
- Monday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Randall Delgado (1-2; 3.67 ERA) vs. Dodgers' RHP Zack Greinke (6-2; 4.30 ERA)
- Tuesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Ian Kennedy (3-4; 5.16) vs. Dodgers' RHP Ricky Nolasco (5-8; 3.85)
- Wednesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' LHP Tyler Skaggs (2-1; 3.65) vs. Dodgers' Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-3; 2;82)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.