Updated Jul 3, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Diamondbacks place Bloomquist on DL, recall Tony Campana
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
Bloomquist, 35, was hit in the hand during a pinch-hit appearance one June 26 against the Nationals, but X-rays did not reveal a break. Battling injuries all season, the veteran has hit .292 with four doubles and eight RBI in 22 games for the D-backs.
Campana, 27, is one of the best base stealers in baseball. In two seasons with the Cubs, he stole 54 bases in 59 attempts. In 71 games with Reno this season, Campana hit .288 with 41 runs scored, eight doubles, three triples and one home run. He also stole 24 bases in 28 attempts.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.