Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 6:51 pm
'Monkey lifted' off back of Diamondbacks Cody Ross
On Wednesday, Ross did exactly that.
Ross hit a three-run bomb to break a scoreless tie in the eighth inning during the D-Backs' 3-1 victory over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
"Feels great," Ross said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show after the game. "Felt like I got a monkey off of my back."
Entering play Wednesday, Ross was hitless in his last 13 at-bats, which saw his average drop to .253.
Going back to May 18th, Ross had one home run with four RBIs. His home run on Wednesday was the third of the season.
Despite his struggles at the plate, Ross said his confidence never waned.
"I'm coming off a tough stretch, but I'm seeing the ball well," Ross stated. "The main thing is we have been winning and having fun."
The victory gave the D-backs a series win against the Marlins and helped them maintain their slim lead in the National League West.
As the D-backs continue to find ways to win, Ross is starting to see many similarities in the clubhouse that resemble his 2010 World Series Champions San Francisco Giants.
Ross hit five home runs in the 2010 postseason and won the NLCS MVP Award.
"We do a lot of little things that other teams are not doing and we are winning games," Ross said.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.