Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 6:51 pm
'Monkey lifted' off back of Diamondbacks Cody Ross
On Wednesday, Ross did exactly that.
Ross hit a three-run bomb to break a scoreless tie in the eighth inning during the D-Backs' 3-1 victory over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
"Feels great," Ross said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show after the game. "Felt like I got a monkey off of my back."
Entering play Wednesday, Ross was hitless in his last 13 at-bats, which saw his average drop to .253.
Going back to May 18th, Ross had one home run with four RBIs. His home run on Wednesday was the third of the season.
Despite his struggles at the plate, Ross said his confidence never waned.
"I'm coming off a tough stretch, but I'm seeing the ball well," Ross stated. "The main thing is we have been winning and having fun."
The victory gave the D-backs a series win against the Marlins and helped them maintain their slim lead in the National League West.
As the D-backs continue to find ways to win, Ross is starting to see many similarities in the clubhouse that resemble his 2010 World Series Champions San Francisco Giants.
Ross hit five home runs in the 2010 postseason and won the NLCS MVP Award.
"We do a lot of little things that other teams are not doing and we are winning games," Ross said.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?