Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 6:51 pm
'Monkey lifted' off back of Diamondbacks Cody Ross
On Wednesday, Ross did exactly that.
Ross hit a three-run bomb to break a scoreless tie in the eighth inning during the D-Backs' 3-1 victory over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
"Feels great," Ross said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show after the game. "Felt like I got a monkey off of my back."
Entering play Wednesday, Ross was hitless in his last 13 at-bats, which saw his average drop to .253.
Going back to May 18th, Ross had one home run with four RBIs. His home run on Wednesday was the third of the season.
Despite his struggles at the plate, Ross said his confidence never waned.
"I'm coming off a tough stretch, but I'm seeing the ball well," Ross stated. "The main thing is we have been winning and having fun."
The victory gave the D-backs a series win against the Marlins and helped them maintain their slim lead in the National League West.
As the D-backs continue to find ways to win, Ross is starting to see many similarities in the clubhouse that resemble his 2010 World Series Champions San Francisco Giants.
Ross hit five home runs in the 2010 postseason and won the NLCS MVP Award.
"We do a lot of little things that other teams are not doing and we are winning games," Ross said.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.