Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 5:19 pm
Daniel Hudson undergoes second Tommy John surgery
According to his wife Sara's Twitter account, everything went well.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson echoed Mrs. Hudson's sentiments during his pre-game chat with the media.
"He had surgery, it was good," he said. "Everything was pretty clean. (Dr. James) Andrews did it, as you guys know and felt good about it. No complications."
Hudson re-injured his elbow June 4 during his first Minor League rehab start for the Mobile Bay Bears against Jacksonville.
The 26-year-old last pitched in the Majors June 26, 2012 in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
It's too early for a timetable predicting Hudson's return to the Diamondbacks, but the normal recovery period for Tommy John surgery is around one year.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.