Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 5:19 pm
Daniel Hudson undergoes second Tommy John surgery
According to his wife Sara's Twitter account, everything went well.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson echoed Mrs. Hudson's sentiments during his pre-game chat with the media.
"He had surgery, it was good," he said. "Everything was pretty clean. (Dr. James) Andrews did it, as you guys know and felt good about it. No complications."
Hudson re-injured his elbow June 4 during his first Minor League rehab start for the Mobile Bay Bears against Jacksonville.
The 26-year-old last pitched in the Majors June 26, 2012 in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
It's too early for a timetable predicting Hudson's return to the Diamondbacks, but the normal recovery period for Tommy John surgery is around one year.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.