Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 5:19 pm
Daniel Hudson undergoes second Tommy John surgery
According to his wife Sara's Twitter account, everything went well.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson echoed Mrs. Hudson's sentiments during his pre-game chat with the media.
"He had surgery, it was good," he said. "Everything was pretty clean. (Dr. James) Andrews did it, as you guys know and felt good about it. No complications."
Hudson re-injured his elbow June 4 during his first Minor League rehab start for the Mobile Bay Bears against Jacksonville.
The 26-year-old last pitched in the Majors June 26, 2012 in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
It's too early for a timetable predicting Hudson's return to the Diamondbacks, but the normal recovery period for Tommy John surgery is around one year.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.