Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
MLB suspends Diamondbacks' Ian Kennedy 10 games, others receive punishment for brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the harshest punishment, as he's been suspended 10 games. Infielder Eric Hinske will miss five contests, while Gibson will be out one game.
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and Mattingly will each be out one game.
Also, D-backs Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra, along with Dodgers Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the Dodgers organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
(DL players) who took the field during the fight violated an MLB rule in doing so, as players on the disabled list are prohibited from entering the field of play at any time during the game, as stated in MLB Rule 3.17.
Players on the disabled list are permitted to participate in pre-game activity and sit on the bench during a game but may not take part in any activity during the game such as warming up a pitcher, bench-jockeying, etc. Disabled players are not allowed to enter the playing surface at any time or for any purpose during the game.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.