Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
MLB suspends Diamondbacks' Ian Kennedy 10 games, others receive punishment for brawl with Dodgers
Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy received the harshest punishment, as he's been suspended 10 games. Infielder Eric Hinske will miss five contests, while Gibson will be out one game.
For the Dodgers, pitcher J.P. Howell, infielder Skip Schumaker and hitting coach Mark McGwire received two-game bans, while reliever Ronald Belisario and Mattingly will each be out one game.
Also, D-backs Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra, along with Dodgers Zack Grienke and Yasiel Puig were fined, as was the Dodgers organization for allowing players who were on the disabled list to leave the dugout and enter the field during the incident.
(DL players) who took the field during the fight violated an MLB rule in doing so, as players on the disabled list are prohibited from entering the field of play at any time during the game, as stated in MLB Rule 3.17.
Players on the disabled list are permitted to participate in pre-game activity and sit on the bench during a game but may not take part in any activity during the game such as warming up a pitcher, bench-jockeying, etc. Disabled players are not allowed to enter the playing surface at any time or for any purpose during the game.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.