Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Who's Your Daddy: MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
He taught me a lot of life lessons. Number one, he taught me that you are going to fail at some point, not everybody is good at everything. Let's learn the best way to get past the failure at whatever that is. My father is the single most up-beat positive person that I have ever met in my life, but he wanted you to prepare for when things didn't go well. This went for academics, athletics and everything in life. The simple lessons my dad taught me from day one were, 'Here is what we will do when we win and this is what we will do when we lose.'
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
My dad has a million of those, but my dad was a good baseball player. He taught me to love the game, he taught me how to have a feel for the game, taught me how to turn the double play and everything about baseball. My favorite memory with him was when we watched my son Jeff play a little league game. He was playing second base, which was basically the same position that my father and I played. My son had a really good day and when we looked at each other, my dad and I, as if to say, 'There is my grandson, there is my son.' There is three generations, not exactly the Boone family, I'll give you that, but it meant a lot to watch my son play the game that I taught him and, of course, the game was taught to me by my father.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.