Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Who's Your Daddy: MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian
What is the most important life lesson your dad passed down to you?
He taught me a lot of life lessons. Number one, he taught me that you are going to fail at some point, not everybody is good at everything. Let's learn the best way to get past the failure at whatever that is. My father is the single most up-beat positive person that I have ever met in my life, but he wanted you to prepare for when things didn't go well. This went for academics, athletics and everything in life. The simple lessons my dad taught me from day one were, 'Here is what we will do when we win and this is what we will do when we lose.'
What is the most memorable sports experience you remember sharing with your dad?
My dad has a million of those, but my dad was a good baseball player. He taught me to love the game, he taught me how to have a feel for the game, taught me how to turn the double play and everything about baseball. My favorite memory with him was when we watched my son Jeff play a little league game. He was playing second base, which was basically the same position that my father and I played. My son had a really good day and when we looked at each other, my dad and I, as if to say, 'There is my grandson, there is my son.' There is three generations, not exactly the Boone family, I'll give you that, but it meant a lot to watch my son play the game that I taught him and, of course, the game was taught to me by my father.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com writer
- Dan Hicks, NBC golf commentator
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA analyst
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president
- Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports MLB insider
- Dan Majerle, GCU basketball head coach
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst
- Kevin Gibson, D-backs' manager's son
- Kirk Gibson Jr., D-backs' manager's son
- D-backs analyst Tom Candiotti
- Suns forward Jared Dudley
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson
- Dodgers analyst Steve Lyons
- Arizona Sports reminisces
- Franz: Remembering your dad this Father's Day
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.