Updated May 22, 2013 - 10:45 am
Diamondbacks' Adam Eaton suffers small setback in recovery from injury
However, he may have hit a bit of a speed bump.
#Dbacks OF Adam Eaton has returned to Phx to see doc after having soreness in elbow.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) May 22, 2013
Gilbert, who covers the Diamondbacks for ArizonaDiamondbacks.com, reports Eaton said his elbow does not feel as bad as it did when he first hurt it and is hoping this issue will be over with soon. But, the 24-year-old added, "It just feels like someone punched me in the stomach."
Eaton, who hit .259 with two home runs, five RBI and a pair of stolen bases last season, was projected to be the team's starting center fielder this year. He was having a monster spring, hitting .390 with a home run and 10 RBI before the injury.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.