Updated May 22, 2013 - 10:45 am
Diamondbacks' Adam Eaton suffers small setback in recovery from injury
However, he may have hit a bit of a speed bump.
#Dbacks OF Adam Eaton has returned to Phx to see doc after having soreness in elbow.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) May 22, 2013
Gilbert, who covers the Diamondbacks for ArizonaDiamondbacks.com, reports Eaton said his elbow does not feel as bad as it did when he first hurt it and is hoping this issue will be over with soon. But, the 24-year-old added, "It just feels like someone punched me in the stomach."
Eaton, who hit .259 with two home runs, five RBI and a pair of stolen bases last season, was projected to be the team's starting center fielder this year. He was having a monster spring, hitting .390 with a home run and 10 RBI before the injury.
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.