Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 5:04 pm
Wade Miley enjoys relatively easy day at 'the office'
Wednesday was not one of those days for Arizona Diamondbacks left-hander Wade Miley. The 26-year-old got early and plentiful run support and cruised to his second victory of the season in a 10-2 decision over the Pittsburgh Pirates at Chase Field.
Miley allowed two runs on six hits in 6.2 innings of work in the win.
"Those games get tough sometimes, with long innings, but you just have to stay focused and get the offense back on the field," he said.
Miley allowed a leadoff double to Pittsburgh's Starling Marte on the first pitch of the game, but settled down and retired the next three hitters to retire the side. The next time he stepped on the mound, he had a three-run cushion.
"He threw the ball great," manager Kirk Gibson said. "Moved in and out good, had a good slider, a good changeup.
"It was a great effort -- it was what we needed."
Indeed it was. The Diamondbacks were able to take the final game of the three-game series against Pittsburgh, thanks in part to Miley.
"You just want to go out every time, every one of us wants to go out and give the team a chance to win every time out," Miley said. "It's good to kind of salvage the series right there."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.