Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall tweets about Justin Upton trade
Never one to shy away from issues surrounding the team, D-backs president Derrick Hall took to Twitter to explain to his followers why the move was made.
We are very excited to acquire Prado, a .300 hitting all-star who can play third and is one of the best offensive players in the NL.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Delgado should compete for a spot in the roatation this spring and we add three other great prospects. We would not have made the deal if we— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
didn't think it made us better now &in the future. We have to try to sign Prado long-term. This is the typ of player we want in our line-up.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
Tough 2 send a popular player in a deal. 4 the same reason, Braves fans are expressing sadness for Martin's departure. Prado a perfect fit.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
This is a deal that all of our scouts & baseball personnel felt strongly about. When Gibby & KT address media, ur Q's will be answered.— Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks) January 24, 2013
A press conference with manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!