Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Report: Diamondbacks sign veteran Eric Hinske
Sources: #Diamondbacks sign Eric Hinske to one-year contract.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2012
Hinske, 35, has played 11 Major League seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, Tampa Bay Rays, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates and Atlanta Braves.
Hinske was the American League Rookie of the year after hitting 24 home runs and driving in 84 runs as a Blue Jay in 2002, and is a career .250 hitter with 136 home runs and 516 RBI. Hinske is coming off a season in which he hit .197 with two home runs and 13 RBI in 132 at bats for Atlanta.
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Mark Trumbo to Diamondbacks in 3-team trade
- Mark Trumbo looking forward to new opportunity with Arizona Diamondbacks
- In final year of Gibson, Towers' contracts, D-backs going all in
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.