Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 1:30 pm
Justin Upton to Atlanta Braves? It's been discussed
One of the teams rumored to be interested in the young D-back's services is the Atlanta Braves. You know, the same Braves team that just inked Justin's brother B.J. to a big contract.
So, could there be a brotherly reunion in Hotlanta?
The two have discussed it, apparently.
According to Braves beat writer for MLB.com Mark Bowman, the brothers Upton have thought about sharing the same outfield.
"B.J. Upton said he and his brother Justin Upton have had a few conversations about possibility of playing together in Atlanta."
And, as David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution tweeted out, there brothers would like to make it happen.
#Braves B.J.Upton & brother Justin have strong desire to play together and hope it happens when Justin is free agent in 3yrs, if not sooner.— David O'Brien (@ajcbraves) November 29, 2012
The D-backs are rumored to be seeking, at the very least, a young shortstop in return for Upton, and the Braves have one in Andrelton Simmons.
Atlanta was not willing to part with the 23-year-old when his name was brought up a month ago, but it's fair to wonder if that stance will change with the team's latest acquisition.
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.