Matt Williams to interview for Blue Jays position
Since joining the Diamondbacks as a player in 1998, Williams has become a mainstay within the organization and in the Valley. Besides playing a major role in the team's lone championship season back in 2001, Williams owns a part of the team and has spent time in the broadcast booth. He managed Double-A Mobile and has served as both the first base coach and third base coach for the D-backs.
The 46-year-old D-backs legend is currently serving as managers to the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League.
With John Farrell heading to Boston in late October, Williams' experience could make him a legitimate candidate to fill his place with the Blue Jays. In addition to his upcoming interview in Toronto, Williams has already met with the Colorado Rockies' brass about their managerial opening.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.