Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 12:24 pm
Matt Williams to interview for Blue Jays position
Since joining the Diamondbacks as a player in 1998, Williams has become a mainstay within the organization and in the Valley. Besides playing a major role in the team's lone championship season back in 2001, Williams owns a part of the team and has spent time in the broadcast booth. He managed Double-A Mobile and has served as both the first base coach and third base coach for the D-backs.
The 46-year-old D-backs legend is currently serving as managers to the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League.
With John Farrell heading to Boston in late October, Williams' experience could make him a legitimate candidate to fill his place with the Blue Jays. In addition to his upcoming interview in Toronto, Williams has already met with the Colorado Rockies' brass about their managerial opening.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.