Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 12:24 pm
Matt Williams to interview for Blue Jays position
Since joining the Diamondbacks as a player in 1998, Williams has become a mainstay within the organization and in the Valley. Besides playing a major role in the team's lone championship season back in 2001, Williams owns a part of the team and has spent time in the broadcast booth. He managed Double-A Mobile and has served as both the first base coach and third base coach for the D-backs.
The 46-year-old D-backs legend is currently serving as managers to the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League.
With John Farrell heading to Boston in late October, Williams' experience could make him a legitimate candidate to fill his place with the Blue Jays. In addition to his upcoming interview in Toronto, Williams has already met with the Colorado Rockies' brass about their managerial opening.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.