Phoenix Suns waive point guard Ish Smith
Smith, 26, was acquired by the Suns last August in a trade with Milwaukee that also brought center Slava Kravtsov to the desert and sent veteran Caron Butler to the Bucks.
In 70 games as a reserve guard, Smith averaged 3.7 points and 2.6 assists in 14.4 minutes of playing time.
"We thank Ish Smith for his contributions to the Suns," President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said in a statement. "He played with an infectious joy. We wish him well."
Smith was expendable following the Suns' acquisition of point guard Isaiah Thomas last week.
In 191 career NBA games with Houston, Memphis, Golden State, Orlando, Milwaukee and Phoenix, Smith has averaged 2.9 points and 2.0 assists per contest.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.