Report: 'Stars now align' for Luol Deng to land with Phoenix Suns
With LeBron James finally choosing the Cleveland Cavaliers, the rest of the NBA -- teams and players -- can get on with their own respective decisions, including the Phoenix Suns.
League sources also say stars now align in post-decision world for Luol Deng to land in Phoenix. Several teams still in mix.— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) July 11, 2014
The 29-year-old Deng is coming off a season in which he averaged 16 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists splitting time between the Chicago Bulls and Cavaliers.
How much the Suns need a player like Deng or how much they'd be willing to invest, especially since they've agreed to a three-year deal with small forward P.J. Tucker, is a question that has yet to be answered. The team does have plenty of cap space, and there's little doubt the former Duke Blue Devil would be a useful addition to a team looking to make the playoffs for the first time since 2010.
Originally selected by the Suns with the seventh pick in the 2004 Draft only to be dealt to Chicago on draft night, Deng has been a solid player throughout his career and been an All-Star selection twice (2012, 2013).
For his career, Deng has averaged 16 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists and one steal per game. The 6-foot-8, 220-pound wing is known to be a good defender.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.