Updated Feb 15, 2014 - 8:38 am
Suns center Miles Plumlee records monster block in Rising Stars victory
In Team Hill's 142-136 victory over Team Webber, Plumlee finished with four points, three rebounds and arguably the night's lone defensive highlight.
Facing a two-on-one fast break in the second half -- set up by his younger brother Mason -- Plumlee stepped in front of a high-flying Anthony Davis as the New Orleans Pelicans forward attempted to throw one down in front of his home crowd. Instead, the Suns' leading shot blocker got the best of Davis, meeting him at the top for a vicious swat.
While Plumlee recorded the breathtaking highlight, it was Mason who had the upper hand in the battle between siblings. The former Duke product finished with 20 points on 7-of-10 shooting to go along with seven rebounds in a losing effort. He also happened to recover Miles' block on Davis before the ball hit the ground, dropping it in the hoop in one, fluid motion.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.