Updated Jan 9, 2014 - 3:04 pm
Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe to undergo knee surgery
Out more than a week with what was called a right knee sprain, guard Eric Bledsoe will reportedly be going under the knife.
According to Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's John Gambadoro, Bledsoe has a torn meniscus.
Acquired in the offseason in a deal that saw the Suns part with Jared Dudley, the 24-year-old Bledsoe has averaged 18 points, 5.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in his first extended time as an NBA starter.
Earlier in the week, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the team hoped to learn more about Bledsoe's situation later in the week. Though things could be worse, this is not the type of news the first-year coach wanted to hear.
And at least one NBA star is disappointed with the news:
The Suns currently have a 21-13 record and are in the midst of a road trip that has them playing five games in seven days. Their next matchup will be Friday, Jan. 10 against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.