Charles Barkley attributes Phoenix Suns' success to guard play
A guest of Bickley with Marotta Monday, former Sun and current TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley praised the job done by Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.
"I think Bledsoe and Dragic are two terrific players," Barkley said.
Dragic is scoring 18.8 points per game while dishing out an average of 5.9 assists, with Bledsoe just behind at 18.0 and 5.8, respectively. The two are also combining for more than seven rebounds and nearly three steals per contest.
Barkley, who is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, says the Suns have some holes, but their backcourt has been enough to get some wins.
"They've got two All-Star caliber players who have played fantastic all season, and that's the reason I think they have shocked some people."
Entering play Monday, the Suns have the seventh-best record in the Western Conference and the 10th-best record in all of basketball. Their next game is Tuesday in Chicago against the Bulls, and it can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM at 6:00 p.m.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?