The Pulse: Fans say Eric Bledsoe most important to Phoenix Suns' future
The question for Saturday, Jan. 4, was, "What current (Phoenix) Suns player is most important to the team's long-term future?"
With five players from which to choose and 292 people voting, the Suns' dynamic backcourt duo of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic were the top two vote-getters, but Bledsoe easily led the pack with 54 percent of all votes. Dragic received 28 percent of the vote.
Starting center Miles Plumlee came in third, garnering 11 percent of all votes.
The team's two most recent first-round draft picks, Alex Len and Archie Goodwin, came in last in the poll. Four percent of voters took Goodwin, while 3 percent chose Len.
Len has only played in four games in his rookie campaign while recovering from surgeries completed on both ankles in 2013. Goodwin has played in 31 games and is averaging 3.4 points and 1.7 rebounds per game while shooting 40.2 percent from the field.
It's important to note that the top choice in the poll, Bledsoe, is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. If the Suns want to lock him up for the future, they will undoubtedly have to offer him a much better salary than the $2.6 million he's slated to make in 2013-14.
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.