The Pulse: Fans say Eric Bledsoe most important to Phoenix Suns' future
The question for Saturday, Jan. 4, was, "What current (Phoenix) Suns player is most important to the team's long-term future?"
With five players from which to choose and 292 people voting, the Suns' dynamic backcourt duo of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic were the top two vote-getters, but Bledsoe easily led the pack with 54 percent of all votes. Dragic received 28 percent of the vote.
Starting center Miles Plumlee came in third, garnering 11 percent of all votes.
The team's two most recent first-round draft picks, Alex Len and Archie Goodwin, came in last in the poll. Four percent of voters took Goodwin, while 3 percent chose Len.
Len has only played in four games in his rookie campaign while recovering from surgeries completed on both ankles in 2013. Goodwin has played in 31 games and is averaging 3.4 points and 1.7 rebounds per game while shooting 40.2 percent from the field.
It's important to note that the top choice in the poll, Bledsoe, is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. If the Suns want to lock him up for the future, they will undoubtedly have to offer him a much better salary than the $2.6 million he's slated to make in 2013-14.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni