Betters are not optimistic about the Phoenix Suns
According to an ESPN Insider piece, they're actually expected to be even worse this season.
Dave Tuley looked at some of the early betting lines from LVH SuperBook, and found that the over/under for Suns wins is set at 21.5, and they are also coming in at 2,000:1 to win the NBA title.
Only the Philadelphia 76ers are worse, at 16.5 and 5,000:1.
Now, this does not mean the Suns are destined to finish near the bottom of the standings once again, but it appears an offseason that saw the front office and roster undergo a serious makeover was not enough to convince people they are ready to turn the corner just yet.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.