Betters are not optimistic about the Phoenix Suns
According to an ESPN Insider piece, they're actually expected to be even worse this season.
Dave Tuley looked at some of the early betting lines from LVH SuperBook, and found that the over/under for Suns wins is set at 21.5, and they are also coming in at 2,000:1 to win the NBA title.
Only the Philadelphia 76ers are worse, at 16.5 and 5,000:1.
Now, this does not mean the Suns are destined to finish near the bottom of the standings once again, but it appears an offseason that saw the front office and roster undergo a serious makeover was not enough to convince people they are ready to turn the corner just yet.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org