Former Suns center Hamed Haddadi to play in China
HoopsRumors reports the Iranian big man has signed a contract worth approximately $1.3 million USD. He apparently drew interest from the New York Knicks over the summer, but was passed over in favor of former Kansas standout Cole Aldrich.
Haddadi put up 4.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 13.8 minutes per game in 17 contests with the Suns last year after he was acquired from Toronto. He became somewhat of a fan favorite for his powerful left-handed dunks and the "Who's Your Haddadi" slogan inspired by his surname.
The 28-year-old center's new team, the Blue Whales, played in China's National Basketball League last year, but is expected to be promoted to the Chinese Basketball Association for the coming season. Sichuan also bolstered its team with a recent signing of former NBA point guard Jonny Flynn.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.