Former Suns center Hamed Haddadi to play in China
HoopsRumors reports the Iranian big man has signed a contract worth approximately $1.3 million USD. He apparently drew interest from the New York Knicks over the summer, but was passed over in favor of former Kansas standout Cole Aldrich.
Haddadi put up 4.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 13.8 minutes per game in 17 contests with the Suns last year after he was acquired from Toronto. He became somewhat of a fan favorite for his powerful left-handed dunks and the "Who's Your Haddadi" slogan inspired by his surname.
The 28-year-old center's new team, the Blue Whales, played in China's National Basketball League last year, but is expected to be promoted to the Chinese Basketball Association for the coming season. Sichuan also bolstered its team with a recent signing of former NBA point guard Jonny Flynn.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t