Former Suns center Hamed Haddadi to play in China
HoopsRumors reports the Iranian big man has signed a contract worth approximately $1.3 million USD. He apparently drew interest from the New York Knicks over the summer, but was passed over in favor of former Kansas standout Cole Aldrich.
Haddadi put up 4.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 13.8 minutes per game in 17 contests with the Suns last year after he was acquired from Toronto. He became somewhat of a fan favorite for his powerful left-handed dunks and the "Who's Your Haddadi" slogan inspired by his surname.
The 28-year-old center's new team, the Blue Whales, played in China's National Basketball League last year, but is expected to be promoted to the Chinese Basketball Association for the coming season. Sichuan also bolstered its team with a recent signing of former NBA point guard Jonny Flynn.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.