Phoenix Suns to play Golden State for Summer League crown
But they could win a different kind of title Monday.
The Suns will take on the Golden State Warriors for the first-ever championship of the Las Vegas Summer League.
Phoenix (6-0) advanced to the title game with a 91-89 win over the Miami Heat Sunday at Thomas and Mack Center. Markieff Morris hit a driving shot with 21.8 seconds to go to break a 89-89 tie and send the Suns to the championship game.
P.J. Tucker paced Phoenix with 19 points.
"We're here, we might as well try to win it," Tucker told NBA TV following the game.
The Suns take on the Warriors Monday night at 6:00 p.m. for the Summer League crown.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.