Phoenix Suns to play Golden State for Summer League crown
But they could win a different kind of title Monday.
The Suns will take on the Golden State Warriors for the first-ever championship of the Las Vegas Summer League.
Phoenix (6-0) advanced to the title game with a 91-89 win over the Miami Heat Sunday at Thomas and Mack Center. Markieff Morris hit a driving shot with 21.8 seconds to go to break a 89-89 tie and send the Suns to the championship game.
P.J. Tucker paced Phoenix with 19 points.
"We're here, we might as well try to win it," Tucker told NBA TV following the game.
The Suns take on the Warriors Monday night at 6:00 p.m. for the Summer League crown.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org