Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 7:40 pm
Suns remain perfect, advance to third round of 2013 Summer League Championship
For the second time in five days, the Suns took down the Portland Trail Blazers 92-84 in the second round of the 2013 Summer League Championship Thursday night.
With the win, the Suns -- who outscored the Blazers by 20 in the second quarter -- improved to 4-0 in Summer League play and advanced to the third round of the newly-formatted tournament. They'll play the Toronto Raptors Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. MST inside the Thomas and Mack Center.
In Thursday's eight-point victory, Jeff Hornacek and Co. received a balanced offensive effort, as Markieff Morris and Dionte Christmas led the way with 15 points a piece.
Point guard Diante Garrett also had another impressive performance off the bench, scoring 14 points to go along with three assists.
First-round draft pick Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker also pitched in with 11 and 10 points respectively.
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.