Suns' Babby: 'Everyone got what they wanted' in blockbuster trade
The Milwaukee Bucks sent JJ Redick to the Clippers and received a second round draft pick from each team.
Suns' President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday how the trade went down.
"The idea behind the trade was having Redick do a sign and trade with Milwaukee that would allow him to go to the Clippers for more money than they could pay him," Babby stated. "The first conversation we had was with his agent that said we may be in a position to help you get him to a place he would like to be for more money.
"From the Clippers standpoint, we think we can help you get Redick and Dudley and keep your mid-level exception, so they are happy. We go to Milwaukee and say we have an approach where you don't have to lose Redick for nothing. Meanwhile, we are getting Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler, so we are happy."
This trade filled needs for all three teams involved.
The Suns added talent and "star" power with Bledsoe and a veteran leader in Butler.
The Clippers got two perimeter players who will space the floor on offense and the Bucks got a couple draft picks for a player who was leaving regardless.
"The trade was interesting because it was one of the rare trades where everyone got what they wanted," Babby said.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.