Suns' Babby: 'Everyone got what they wanted' in blockbuster trade
The Milwaukee Bucks sent JJ Redick to the Clippers and received a second round draft pick from each team.
Suns' President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday how the trade went down.
"The idea behind the trade was having Redick do a sign and trade with Milwaukee that would allow him to go to the Clippers for more money than they could pay him," Babby stated. "The first conversation we had was with his agent that said we may be in a position to help you get him to a place he would like to be for more money.
"From the Clippers standpoint, we think we can help you get Redick and Dudley and keep your mid-level exception, so they are happy. We go to Milwaukee and say we have an approach where you don't have to lose Redick for nothing. Meanwhile, we are getting Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler, so we are happy."
This trade filled needs for all three teams involved.
The Suns added talent and "star" power with Bledsoe and a veteran leader in Butler.
The Clippers got two perimeter players who will space the floor on offense and the Bucks got a couple draft picks for a player who was leaving regardless.
"The trade was interesting because it was one of the rare trades where everyone got what they wanted," Babby said.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.