Suns ink training staff to new contracts
The Phoenix Suns announced they have promoted athletic trainer Aaron Nelson to Vice President of Athlete Care and Head Athletic Trainer, and signed him to a multi-year deal on Wednesday.
The Suns also inked a multi-year contract with Head Strength and Conditioning Coach/Assistant Athletic Trainer Mike Elliott.
"We are delighted to enter into multi-year agreements with Aaron and Mike," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "The Suns' training and medical staff has been justly recognized not only among the very best in the NBA, but in all of professional sports. Their innovative approach to athlete care and performance recovery is world class."
Nelson joined the Suns in 1993 as an assistant and has been the head trainer for the past 13 years. Elliott has served alongside Nelson for 10 seasons.
In addition to Nelson and Elliott, Assistant Athletic Trainer/Rehabilitation Coordinator Tom Maystadt and Performance Recovery Consultant Tyler Wallace complete the rest of the Suns' training staff.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.