Suns ink training staff to new contracts
The Phoenix Suns announced they have promoted athletic trainer Aaron Nelson to Vice President of Athlete Care and Head Athletic Trainer, and signed him to a multi-year deal on Wednesday.
The Suns also inked a multi-year contract with Head Strength and Conditioning Coach/Assistant Athletic Trainer Mike Elliott.
"We are delighted to enter into multi-year agreements with Aaron and Mike," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "The Suns' training and medical staff has been justly recognized not only among the very best in the NBA, but in all of professional sports. Their innovative approach to athlete care and performance recovery is world class."
Nelson joined the Suns in 1993 as an assistant and has been the head trainer for the past 13 years. Elliott has served alongside Nelson for 10 seasons.
In addition to Nelson and Elliott, Assistant Athletic Trainer/Rehabilitation Coordinator Tom Maystadt and Performance Recovery Consultant Tyler Wallace complete the rest of the Suns' training staff.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.