Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 12:44 am
Suns' Jared Dudley: Don't want to see San Antonio Spurs win title
From 2005 through 2010, the teams matched up four times in the post-season, with the Spurs winning in 2005 (Conference Finals), 2007 (Conference Semifinals) and 2008 (First Round).
In 2005 and 2007 the Spurs went through the Suns on their way to championship numbers three and four of the Tim Duncan dynasty.
Of course, who could forget the Game 4 Robert Horry hip-check in 2007 of Steve Nash that led to Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw being suspended for a pivotal Game 5, which the Suns lost.
After years of frustration, the Suns finally got the best of the Spurs in 2010 when they swept their nemesis in the Conference Semifinals.
Suns forward Jared Dudley, who was a member of that 2010 team, was on the Doug and Wolf show Tuesday and was asked about if he still dislikes the Spurs.
"I don't like the Spurs," Dudley stated. "I was here not when they (Suns) were losing, but I was here with Steve, and I could feel his pain and emotion on his face when we played them.
"I can feel the fans' passion, and I don't like the Spurs and I don't want to see them win."
Since the 2010 sweep in the Conference Semifinals, the Suns have been on the decline, missing the postseason in each of their last three seasons. The Spurs, however, are on the brink of winning their fifth championship since drafting Duncan back in 1997.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t