Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 12:44 am
Suns' Jared Dudley: Don't want to see San Antonio Spurs win title
From 2005 through 2010, the teams matched up four times in the post-season, with the Spurs winning in 2005 (Conference Finals), 2007 (Conference Semifinals) and 2008 (First Round).
In 2005 and 2007 the Spurs went through the Suns on their way to championship numbers three and four of the Tim Duncan dynasty.
Of course, who could forget the Game 4 Robert Horry hip-check in 2007 of Steve Nash that led to Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw being suspended for a pivotal Game 5, which the Suns lost.
After years of frustration, the Suns finally got the best of the Spurs in 2010 when they swept their nemesis in the Conference Semifinals.
Suns forward Jared Dudley, who was a member of that 2010 team, was on the Doug and Wolf show Tuesday and was asked about if he still dislikes the Spurs.
"I don't like the Spurs," Dudley stated. "I was here not when they (Suns) were losing, but I was here with Steve, and I could feel his pain and emotion on his face when we played them.
"I can feel the fans' passion, and I don't like the Spurs and I don't want to see them win."
Since the 2010 sweep in the Conference Semifinals, the Suns have been on the decline, missing the postseason in each of their last three seasons. The Spurs, however, are on the brink of winning their fifth championship since drafting Duncan back in 1997.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.