Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 12:44 am
Suns' Jared Dudley: Don't want to see San Antonio Spurs win title
From 2005 through 2010, the teams matched up four times in the post-season, with the Spurs winning in 2005 (Conference Finals), 2007 (Conference Semifinals) and 2008 (First Round).
In 2005 and 2007 the Spurs went through the Suns on their way to championship numbers three and four of the Tim Duncan dynasty.
Of course, who could forget the Game 4 Robert Horry hip-check in 2007 of Steve Nash that led to Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw being suspended for a pivotal Game 5, which the Suns lost.
After years of frustration, the Suns finally got the best of the Spurs in 2010 when they swept their nemesis in the Conference Semifinals.
Suns forward Jared Dudley, who was a member of that 2010 team, was on the Doug and Wolf show Tuesday and was asked about if he still dislikes the Spurs.
"I don't like the Spurs," Dudley stated. "I was here not when they (Suns) were losing, but I was here with Steve, and I could feel his pain and emotion on his face when we played them.
"I can feel the fans' passion, and I don't like the Spurs and I don't want to see them win."
Since the 2010 sweep in the Conference Semifinals, the Suns have been on the decline, missing the postseason in each of their last three seasons. The Spurs, however, are on the brink of winning their fifth championship since drafting Duncan back in 1997.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.