Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 2:11 pm
Suns' Dudley: 'Phoenix deserves to be a winner'
The offseason began with the organization's decision to cut ties with general manager Lance Blanks, who served three years in the position.
Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter's fate has yet to be decided, and Suns guard Jared Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he's not too focused on it.
"Wake me up when it's over," Dudley said. "That's really how my style is. I don't do the whole rumor thing."
Dudley has been in Phoenix since 2008 and has seen the ups and downs of the Suns, but says the fans shouldn't have to.
"Phoenix deserves to be a winner -- it's always been a winner for the longest time," Dudley said. "The last couple years we've struggled and it's time for us to get back where we belong."
In order to get back to their old winning ways, Dudley says the Suns will need to play a little harder due to the lack of superstar talent.
"We're going to have to eventually become a team that plays with grit, plays unselfish," Dudley said. "I believe we can definitely become that."
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org