Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop fourth straight in loss to Wizards
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 127-105 loss to the Wizards on March 16.
Michael Beasley scored a team-high 21 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 12 points and 11 assists for Phoenix.
The Suns dropped their fourth straight to the Wizards on Saturday, and their sixth of eight this month. They also surrendered the most points they've given up in a first half (66).
Phoenix's defensive woes continued against Washington. The Suns have now given up 100 or more points in six consecutive contests for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Suns could not contain Martell Webster, who scored a career-high 34 points and five assists in the game. He shot an impressive 7 of 10 from three-point range.
Washington shot 51.6 percent overall from the field and went 14-21 from downtown.
• With New Orleans off, the Suns now have the worst record in the Western Conference at 22-45.
• Suns' interim head coach Lindsey Hunter got his first technical foul. As a team, Phoenix had four technicals in the first half.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal made just his second start of the season for the Suns.
The Suns will host the Los Angeles Lakers at US Airways Center on Monday, March 18. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.