Suns Strokes: Suns drop fourth straight in loss to Wizards
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 127-105 loss to the Wizards on March 16.
Michael Beasley scored a team-high 21 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 12 points and 11 assists for Phoenix.
The Suns dropped their fourth straight to the Wizards on Saturday, and their sixth of eight this month. They also surrendered the most points they've given up in a first half (66).
Phoenix's defensive woes continued against Washington. The Suns have now given up 100 or more points in six consecutive contests for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Suns could not contain Martell Webster, who scored a career-high 34 points and five assists in the game. He shot an impressive 7 of 10 from three-point range.
Washington shot 51.6 percent overall from the field and went 14-21 from downtown.
• With New Orleans off, the Suns now have the worst record in the Western Conference at 22-45.
• Suns' interim head coach Lindsey Hunter got his first technical foul. As a team, Phoenix had four technicals in the first half.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal made just his second start of the season for the Suns.
The Suns will host the Los Angeles Lakers at US Airways Center on Monday, March 18. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?