Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop fourth straight in loss to Wizards
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 127-105 loss to the Wizards on March 16.
Michael Beasley scored a team-high 21 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 12 points and 11 assists for Phoenix.
The Suns dropped their fourth straight to the Wizards on Saturday, and their sixth of eight this month. They also surrendered the most points they've given up in a first half (66).
Phoenix's defensive woes continued against Washington. The Suns have now given up 100 or more points in six consecutive contests for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Suns could not contain Martell Webster, who scored a career-high 34 points and five assists in the game. He shot an impressive 7 of 10 from three-point range.
Washington shot 51.6 percent overall from the field and went 14-21 from downtown.
• With New Orleans off, the Suns now have the worst record in the Western Conference at 22-45.
• Suns' interim head coach Lindsey Hunter got his first technical foul. As a team, Phoenix had four technicals in the first half.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal made just his second start of the season for the Suns.
The Suns will host the Los Angeles Lakers at US Airways Center on Monday, March 18. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?