Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop fourth straight in loss to Wizards
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 127-105 loss to the Wizards on March 16.
Michael Beasley scored a team-high 21 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 12 points and 11 assists for Phoenix.
The Suns dropped their fourth straight to the Wizards on Saturday, and their sixth of eight this month. They also surrendered the most points they've given up in a first half (66).
Phoenix's defensive woes continued against Washington. The Suns have now given up 100 or more points in six consecutive contests for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Suns could not contain Martell Webster, who scored a career-high 34 points and five assists in the game. He shot an impressive 7 of 10 from three-point range.
Washington shot 51.6 percent overall from the field and went 14-21 from downtown.
• With New Orleans off, the Suns now have the worst record in the Western Conference at 22-45.
• Suns' interim head coach Lindsey Hunter got his first technical foul. As a team, Phoenix had four technicals in the first half.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal made just his second start of the season for the Suns.
The Suns will host the Los Angeles Lakers at US Airways Center on Monday, March 18. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.