Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 10:54 am
Suns acquire Marcus Morris for 2nd round pick
As first reported by Yahoo's Adrian Wjnarowski, the team has sent its 2013 second-round draft pick to Houston in exchange for forward Marcus Morris.
Morris, who is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff, is averaging 8.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game for the Rockets. A 6-foot-9, 235 pound forward, he was selected one spot behind Markieff in the 2011 NBA Draft at 14.
"We have been intrigued for quite some time about the potential synergy from having both of the Morris twins on our team," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "So we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome Marcus to the Suns."
He's not the only one who's excited.
"I shedded a tear or two," Morris told CSNHouston.com after finding out that he'd be reuniting with his brother in Phoenix. "I'm just happy to be back with my brother, get a chance to reunite and get going."
Morris played three seasons at Kansas, and averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a junior before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.