Report: Phoenix Suns interested in acquiring Iman Shumpert from Knicks
According to Yahoo.com, the Phoenix Suns have serious interest in New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert.
The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.
Shumpert returned to the Knicks in January after suffering a tear in his left cruciate ligament in the team's first game of last year's playoffs.
In his second season, Shumpert has averaged 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 games.
The Suns have reportedly had scouts watching Shumpert the past week.
Dudley still has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract with the Suns. He has averaged 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this year.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.