Report: Phoenix Suns interested in acquiring Iman Shumpert from Knicks
According to Yahoo.com, the Phoenix Suns have serious interest in New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert.
The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.
Shumpert returned to the Knicks in January after suffering a tear in his left cruciate ligament in the team's first game of last year's playoffs.
In his second season, Shumpert has averaged 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 games.
The Suns have reportedly had scouts watching Shumpert the past week.
Dudley still has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract with the Suns. He has averaged 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this year.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.