Suns Strokes: Suns rally past Grizzlies to pick up road win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 96-90 win over the Grizzlies on February 5.
Goran Dragic scored 15 of his 17 points in the fourth quarter to help the Suns rally past the Grizzlies to steal a much-needed road win.
Dragic had just two points before going 5-of-6 in the fourth. He went on to score six straight points to seal the win for Phoenix. He has led the team in scoring this season, averaging 14.2 points per game prior to the Tuesday's contest.
Marcin Gortat had a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds. He has averaged a team-best 8.9 rebounds per game.
The Suns were impressive in the game's final quarter, outscoring Memphis 31-19.
Rookie Kendall Marshall saw his playing time increase significantly due to early foul trouble by Dragic. Marshall played a team-high 33 minutes and scored 11 points with four assists. He had been averaging just 6.9 minutes per game this year.
Despite relying on some late game heroics, the Suns still struggled to control the basketball. Phoenix committed a season-high 22 turnovers.
Jared Dudley went 0 for 5 and did not score a single point over 17 minutes of play for the Suns.
• Jermaine O'Neal was back in the lineup for the Suns after missing the last seven games for medical reasons.
• Phoenix shot 51 percent from the field and held Memphis to 44 percent shooting.
• The Suns road record now stands at 5-20 on the season.
The Suns will continue their road trip against the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?